Photographing the charm of city lights during the blue hours (just after sunset) and at night.
Depending on your level, I will discuss the basics at the start of the course. If you are really a beginner (using the automatic mode without any notion of the opening / speed / sensitivity triangle), I recommend that you take the 3-hour introductory course beforehand.
In particular, you will be able to:
- Use your camera in completely manual mode : choose the aperture, speed, ISO and white balance ,
- Control exposure in night and low light conditions.
- Practice the long exposure .
- Create beautiful effects by painting with light ( lightpainting ), making light trails , and experimenting with multiple exposures .
We will also discuss the following aspects:
- Grain and digital noise.
- Stability: Self-timer and wired or radio trigger or EOS Remote application, etc.
- The hyperfocal.
We will practice in the city center (district of the castle / cathedral or at the level of the machines of the island).
Equipment to bring: your digital camera (reflex, hybrid, bridge and recent compact…), a well-charged battery, space on your memory card and your tripod!
If you don't have a tripod, I can lend one for 1 or 2 people. Thank you in this case for warning me in advance.
Night Photography (3h)
Beginner / Intermediate